This course is intended for people who are or who aspire to become supervisors or line managers at any level.
Persons credited with this course are able to set performance goals and measures; to formulate development plans; and to monitor and evaluate performance. The person completing this course should also be able to adopt a systematic approach to achieving objectives.
It is assumed that people starting to learn towards this standard are able to:
- Understand the work environment,
- Gather and use information relevant to managing individual and team performance,
- Apply basic negotiation, interviewing and interpersonal skills
- Explaining the various core functions of an organisation.
- Explaining the support functions of an organisation.
- Explaining the role of a selected work unit in an organisation, in relation to the core business.
- Investigating and explaining the difference between line and support functions in an organisation.
- Specifying objectives.
- Formulating a plan.
- Co-ordinating people and other resources.
- Implementing the plan to meet objectives.
- Evaluating results and making corrections and improvements.